EVA CASSIDY WEB SITE
Albums, articles, photos, interviews, and more
Celebrating its 13th anniversary in 2012!
Welcome to the Eva Cassidy Web Site, a resource for those seeking information about the late singer Eva Cassidy. Beautiful Eva died in 1996, from melanoma, the most deadly form of skin cancer. Her music was little-known during her 33 years of life, but today her soul-stirring voice is reaching people all over the world.
For some fans, the pleasure of listening is enough. Others want to know more: "Who was this remarkable singer? Why haven't we heard of her before? Are there more albums?" This web page can be your gateway.
Note: This site is not part of any commercial operation such as a record company or CD store; it is strictly a personal endeavor. Nor is it the "official web site" about Eva Cassidy; Eva herself is not here to award that distinction to any web site.
Please do not copy ANY of the images found on these web pages.
- Welcome Page (this is it)
- "What's New" Page
- Eva's Recordings - Information about Eva Cassidy's CDs and other recordings, including how to buy them via the Internet, where to go to listen to audio clips, and "which song is on which album"
- Articles about Eva Cassidy and reviews of her recordings, from newspapers and magazines. My choices for the best of the best are at the top
- Exclusive Interviews with some of Eva Cassidy's musical colleagues, and many articles about Eva's music that were written especially for this website (mostly by the webmaster)
- Information about Songbird, the biographical book about Eva Cassidy
- More Eva-related Sites - Links to a selection of other websites devoted to Eva Cassidy, and discussion groups about Eva Cassidy
- Miscellaneous - Other interesting Eva-related places, and a broad assortment of hard-to-categorize items. Also, a trio of tough trivia quizzes for Eva Cassidy experts!
- Pictures - Snapshots, publicity photos, and some of Eva Cassidy's own artwork
- Questions and Answers about Eva Cassidy, and an Eva fact sheet
- For singers, would-be singers, and guitarists: Information about Eva Cassidy karaoke discs, backing tracks, songbooks, and lyrics sites
- Guestbook - The most popular section by far. View and contribute to the EVA CASSIDY GUESTBOOK! It is fascinating to read what people have to say about Eva from all over the world. Occasionally Eva's friends and musical colleagues share their memories too. Some of the members of the Eva Cassidy Band have told me that they still read the guestbook every day. "It's not an ego thing, we just love to see people saying nice things about Eva...."
- Contact the Webmaster
"I have the easiest job in the world. All I have to do is sing and play the guitar."
Eva Cassidy, when asked if her hip injury would
force her to cancel some singing engagements
Support the hardworking musicians in your area by attending live performances. Go out to the little clubs and restaurants that offer live music, and if you like what you hear, tell the performers! Clap long and loud! And if they're selling CDs and tapes from their guitar cases, as Eva once did, support their talents and efforts that way too. As someone once wrote in the Guestbook, "There will never be another Eva Cassidy, but there will be someone else."
Eva Cassidy Web Site Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 - Laura Claire Bligh. All rights reserved. Please do not copy any of the images on this site.